Monday, April 9, 2007

Enough with the poop already!

I'm sure my readers would agree, there is only so much poop talk one can take. My advice? Stop reading and don't ever live with children.

Lauren has finally started "moving" her stuff so that's great. She currently has a really awful diaper rash which is bleeding and quite painful. But, I think we have a handle on it now. A lot of "air time" seems to be helping. Now I just have to be vigilant about keeping track of her "movements" to make sure we nip any future problems in the bud. <---I was going to say "nip them in the butt" but that would have been too juvenile...yet somehow totally appropriate to my state of mind right now.

So. Wanna hear more poop talk? Have a chat with a 4 year old and you will most likely meet your quota. About a week ago, Katherine was in the bathroom and when I walked by, she had her chin in her hand (classic thinking position). I said "what are you thinking so hard about K?" to which she replied "Mom, dogs must really like the taste of poop since they eat it right?". Ummmmmmmmm it was like my brain rebooted and gagged. I had no great mommy response. Instead, I said something brilliant like "maybe honey, lets get dressed ok?". Later I did look the answer up online and found out way more about animal ingestion of dung than I ever wanted to know. I stupidly passed this info on to K. Tonight, we were playing stuffed animals and she made her poodle and cat eat their poop. The giraffe (me) was gagging and saying how icky that is, and she thought that was plain old high-larious. She said it was for the protein...which is true. Can't argue with that.

No comments: